Vedure di scalogni
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Bellucci extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 shallot, peeled, halved and minced
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 lb assorted greens: radicchio, leaf lettuces
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, halved and cored
- juice of half a lemon
- ¼ cup gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
In a small bowl, combine vinegars and olive oil. Whisk in the shallot and thyme. Add salt and pepper to taste. Reserve.
Rinse and dry the greens in a salad spinner. Keep covered and chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Slice the pear halves about ¼ inch thick crosswise. Place in a bowl of ice water . Add the juice of half a lemon which will keep the lemons from browning. Refrigerate until you are ready to use them.
Crumble the gorgonzola cheese.
Just before serving, remove the pear slices from the ice water and pat with paper towels. Lay them in a circular motion on each plate creating one circle for each serving.
Place the greens in a bowl and toss with the vinaigrette, gorgonzola and walnuts. Adjust the season with salt and pepper if necessary.
Place a mound of the salad on top of the pears. Serve on chilled plates.