Serve with hummus, pita bread and olives
- 12 ounces pappardelle pasta
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Bellucci 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 whole red chile, halved then thinly sliced
- 1 cup roughly chopped assorted herbs (parsley, chives, dill, mint)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces chevré (creamy goat cheese)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. While the water comes to a boil add 1/4 cup Bellucci extra virgin olive oil to a large skillet set over low heat. Add the garlic and chile to the pan and stir. Slowly cook the garlic and chile until lightly golden. Cook the pasta until tender. Drain then add the pasta to the skillet. Add the herbs then stir to combine. Transfer the pasta to a serving platter.
2. Add the remaining tablespoon of Bellucci 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the skillet, then stir in the bread crumbs. Cook over medium heat until golden. Add a pinch of salt. Sprinkle the toasted bread crumbs over the pasta. Finish with the lemon zest, lemon juice, and crumbled goat cheese. Serve immediately.