Serve 1 1/2 dozen
- 1/3 cup Bellucci 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- Flake salt, for finishing
1. In a large bowl combine the olive oil, milk, sugars and vanilla. Stir well to combine. Add the egg and mix until completely combined. Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir until just combined. Finally, stir in the chocolate.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap then refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or, for maximum flavor, 24 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add tablespoon size scoops of the dough to the baking sheet leaving two inches of space between each scoop. Finish with a small pinch of flake salt on each cookie. Bake for 15 minutes, until set and golden. Cool on the tray for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.