Ingredients for the Mushroom Ragout:
Ingredients for the Creamy Polenta
Directions for the Mushroom Ragout:
1. In a large sauté pan over medium heat add Bellucci EVOO and butter. When the butter is melted, add the onion and sauté until soft and translucent.
2. Add the garlic and cook, stirring another minute. Add the mushrooms, cover and cook until they release all of their liquid, about 10 minutes.
3. Remove the cover and add the thyme, oregano, tomato paste, chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is reduced and thickened about 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in fresh parsley.
Directions for the Creamy Polenta:
1. To save cooking time for the polenta, in a large bowl, pre-soak the cornmeal in the 5 cups of water and let stand at room temperature overnight.
2. When ready to cook, scrape the cornmeal and water into a large saucepan and place over high heat.
3. Bring the cornmeal and water to a boil and continue stirring frequently until the polenta starts to thicken and bubble. Lower the heat and continue to cook, stirring, until the polenta thickens and starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes for pre-soaked cornmeal and 60 minutes for dry cornmeal. Season with salt.
4. Stir in ¼ cup BELLUCCI EVOO and 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano. Stir well to combine.
5. Transfer to a serving platter or individual bowls and immediately top with the mushroom ragout and an extra drizzle of BELLUCCI EVOO.