How to Taste EVOO
- Pour several drops into a small glass and warm the oil briefly by cupping the vessel in the palm of your hand.
- Deeply inhale the aroma. Does it smell of fresh olive fruit?
- Taste the oil on its own or pour it onto a small piece of bread to eat. As it passes over the palate, inhale slightly through the nose to maximize the experience of the fruity olive flavor.
- Concentrate on the bitter notes that bring dimension to the flavor and that indicate freshness and the presence of health-giving antioxidants and polyphenols.
- Feel the tickle at the back of the throat—the peppery finish—which also corresponds to freshness and nutritional value.
Bellucci Premium ©2017