1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Add the onions, carrots, garlic, cauliflower, fennel to the baking sheet then drizzle with ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the vegetables for 1 hour, stirring halfway through.
2. Add the chickpeas, stock and roasted vegetables to a large pot or dutch oven along with an additional 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, then simmer covered for 30 minutes.
3. Carefully transfer the soup to a blender and blend until very smooth. Taste and add more salt if needed.
4. To make the crispy sage, add the remaining ¼ cup of the olive oil to a small skillet. When it starts to bubble slightly, add the sage leaves and fry until the leaves are no longer sizzling. Transfer the leaves to a paper towel to drain.
5. Finish the soup with the crispy sage and a fresh drizzle of Bellucci Extra Virgin Olive Oil, preferably Organic Toscano PGI.