Cotoletta di Maiale
Makes: 2 servings
- ½ cup Bellucci extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- The remaining rub mixture (Recipe below)
- 2 pork chops, center cut, each about 1 inch thick
Wild Oregano Rub:
- 2 tablespoons dried wild oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 long green Italian pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small dried chili pepper, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Combine oregano, thyme, garlic and peppers in a bowl. Set aside half of the rub. Pour the remaining half of the rub over the pork chops, turning to coat both sides.
3. Cover and refrigerate pork chops. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
4. Add olive oil to the reserved rub. Refrigerate until ready to cook the pork chops.
5. Remove pork chops from refrigerator, and gently blot with paper towels to remove any moisture. Season both sides of chops with salt and pepper.
6. Coat a medium ovenproof sauté pan with Bellucci EVOO, and place over medium heat. When hot, add pork chops. Brown on one side, then turn and brown on the other.
7. Place pan in pre-heated oven and cook for about 6 minutes. The pork chops should be moist and juicy and slightly pink in the middle. Serve with reserved Bellucci EVOO rub mixture on the side.