Makes: 4 servings
1. Fill a 2 quart pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Add the string beans and blanch until the beans are almost cooked, approximately 4 minutes.
3. Drain the beans into a colander, then transfer into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking .
4. Heat a 10 inch sauté pan over medium heat. Add enough Bellucci EVOO to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the onion, peppers, garlic, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender.
5. Add tomatoes and cook just until they begin to wilt and give off their juices.
6. Remove green beans from ice-bath and add to the sauté pan. Continue cooking to rewarm the beans.
7. Remove the garlic clove and discard.
8. Drizzle with Bellucci EVOO and serve immediately.